Master plan for commercial centre on a 200 acre site divided by the existing Kuala Lumpur – Putrajaya highway. The design proposes joining the divided site both physically and psychologically and ‘place making’ i.e. the creation of:
• An identifiable centre - a heart or focus.
• An urban grain – spaces of different scale & function that relate & connect to create a ‘whole’.
• A hierarchy of space – streets, squares, vistas, courtyards, landmark buildings etc.
• An Identity for the centre.
• A memorable experience. Spaces created by the buildings become more important than the buildings themselves.